You can make money with just about any hobby, you just have to figure out how to turn it into cash and it doesn’t feel like a job if you love doing it just work with your passion and turn it into a lucrative one.
Imagine being able to create or do what you love all day and you make money out of it the same time and grow out of it. The good news is, there’s a bunch of way to learn new things online as well nowadays to turn into a hobby.
Here’s a few crafty ideas that you can start with:
1) Create greeting cards – Whether writing a heartwarming poem or a sweet nothing, these greeting card companies will pay people to send their one-of-a-kind greeting cards. Requirements vary from each companies for as long as it's originally yours, submit it and then wait to hear back. Isn't it cool to have your ideas in print and they pay $50 to $300 per idea!
You can read more about : 20 Best Greeting Card Companies To Earn Cash From Your Writing, Designs and Images
2) Create Jewelry – If you create and design jewelry, you can learn how to organize your jewelry business successfully. Jewelry can be profitable because it is wearable art that can express an individual’s personality. Also, jewelry can be made from various materials - such as clay, wood, metal, leather, and felt - and can be worn differently.
You can read more about : Build A Jewelry Brand
3) Blog and write eBooks – There are many ways to make money with blogging for free. One website that offers this is Wix.com which is easy to navigate. Another idea is writing an eBook to sell on your blog website or digital marketplace like JVZoo and Clickbank or to Amazon and Ebay. Here is a link to my list of “20 Best Place to Sell Your Ebooks”
4) Make Vinyl decals –If you have a computer with vector-art-making programs and a vinyl cutter, you can design stickers for anyone - including children all the way to adults. There are so many options with stickers; they can include fun and colorful images or have meaningful messages.
5) Graphic Design – More and more businesses online are in need of graphics for their logos. You can use free web apps like Picmonkey, Pizap, LogoGarden, Designmantic, Canva, Logomaker and GraphicsSprings to create logos. Then, you can join a marketplace for freelance services, like Fiverr, to create a gig for your service. Or better yet, you can create your design and sell them at DeviantArt, BigCartel and 99Designs.
You can read more about : 20 Marketplaces Online To Sell Your Creative Arts & Design
6) Knit and crochet clothes and accessories – Millions of people love knit and crochet products and there are thousands of patterns that you can find online and tweak. You can share your creative designs and style through Etsy. The products can be clothing, accessories, toys, and party favors.
You can read more about : Your Guide to Selling Knit and Crochet Products Online
7) Make your own graphic tee shirts – You can create tee shirt designs from the comfort of your home by uploading your artwork or creating artwork with your computer. Your tee shirts can be custom-made with text, images, and pictures. Here is a link to my list of “Companies That Can Help You Earn Cash by Designing T-Shirts"
Here are books from Amazon about :
9) Candle making - Scented candles can make any room feel welcoming and warm. If you make candles, you can earn a full-time income with your products. Candles scents can be inspired by the changing seasons and holidays or can help to create a mood in any home. Here is a list of websites that will help you along the way on how your hobby can make you money!
10) Soap making –If you are curious about making soap or have been thinking about trying it, there are many online resources to help you get started. Candles are a wonderful way to express your creative side while providing your family a product that is actually useful and lucrative. You can make soaps in different sizes and use different scents.
You can read more about : Introduction To Soap Making
Turning your hobby into a business can be exciting and fun, especially when it can be done online. You can market your products through social media – such as Facebook – and use online marketplaces – such as Etsy. Don’t forget to make short videos that you can put on YouTube. You can use your webcam or flip cam and share them real time! You’ll definitely be surprised how many people will love, like, and subscribe to it.
If you wish to sell them online, I created a list for online “Stores to Sell Your Crafts” (link to our blog) to help crafters and artisans make the most their products. You have to sign up for a new account, create your product list, and start selling.
I also wrote “More Legitimate Ways to Earn Cash From Home" that lists different ideas of what you can do in the comfort of your home. Remember, you can always learn a new hobby or improve your current skills by finding tutorials online. Many people don't realize how talented or creative they can be even if they are learning something for the first time!
Lastly, if you really plan to venture in an online business, then be sure to obtain all the necessary licensure and business insurance and seek out your local small business administration for guidance. Look up free workshops to help your business move along.
I wish you good luck with all the plans you have in mind in the future! Happy Creating!
Let me know which on the list works for you by commenting below!