Every once in a while, there should also be a button to press that refreshes our thoughts about life…
There are many people who think that a good life consists of material and earthly possessions, a perfect relationship, and wealth. They think that money is what allows for pleasurable activities, power, and freedom. This may be partly true in some way, but, sadly, they think that this is the only way to be happy.
There are times when I have seen ramblings on Facebook of how people feel hopeless and helpless with their endeavors and think that life isn’t fair. When I read these posts, I want to share my ears and listen to their situation, but it saddens me when I can’t help. Unfortunately, people compare themselves to others and become unsatisfied with their dispositions. They share how boring their daily lives are that they start to think that they are nothing special.
I have thought about what I could do to help people, but I don’t want to give the same advice that they’ve already heard, such as stay positive, move on, look at the bright side of life, and keep the faith. I have good intentions to help people get motivated, but I refrain from commenting on their social media posts because I know they need more than that.
So I simply took the time to do some online reading and to gather wonderful pieces of advice – not just for them, but for me as well. I want to remind everyone of the things that we already know, but tend to forget when we are clouded by desperation, stress, and anxiety.
Below are the ingredients that I have collected to complete my recipe for living a good life, to be more hopeful, and to be grateful. These are a list of loving actions that could help us to become joyful once again.
- Start by getting yourself out of the center. You’ll definitely become depressed if you think about yourself all day. How about thinking of a way that you can be of benefit to someone else. Try be a good listener to someone else.
- Remember to appreciate life’s simple pleasures; remember that the best things in life are truly free. As a child, I enjoyed getting a shower from the rain. To this day, rainy days still excite me. Little things are big things when you find a way for them to make you smile.
- Continuously change for the better and look for the best in people. Seek opportunities to be more loving, caring, and true to yourself.
- Don’t live for others. Stop trying to please everyone else. Live life with a purpose and open your arms for everyone to fit in. Take the time to visit someone who is lonely.
- Stay at the present moment and put your energy in the now. Don’t miss the entire world that is waiting to feel your presence. Treat your friends as you would like to be treated.
- Think of endless possibilities to nurture relationships not only with your partner, but also with your family. There are studies that prove relationship with family, friends, and the community are what makes people live longer. Tell them that you love them.
- Constantly work on improving yourself and take a chance to learn something new. Do what you love to do because it gives you a sense of worth and fulfillment. Use your passion in the most productive way possible.
- Establish a healthy diet and eat healthy foods. Do not overdo your sodium, carbohydrate, or saturated fat intakes. Drink at least 9 cups of fluids a day and exercise moderately. Don’t ever smoke cigarettes.
Read More: 7 Tips on healthy habits for women for a better living
- Get a good night sleep to promote being in a good mood the next morning. Invest much wealth in your health.
Read More: How to fall asleep fast and easy for a complete night sleep?
- Travel and spend money on experience instead of things. Experience all the natural and cultural wonders life has to offer. Broaden your horizon and it will inject more comprehension and enhance your perspectives.
- Stay true to your word and keep your promises. It’s great to be remembered as someone with a great character than someone that others wishes to forget.
- Work harder and smarter to get closer and closer to your life goals.
- Seek clarity. Never ever compromise your core beliefs and stand in what you believe in.
- Believe in someone who doesn’t believe in himself. Go out of your way to help somebody.
- Make peace with yourself and admit when you are wrong. Forgive yourself for something. Keep an open mind and have faith in yourself. Give room for yourself to grow.
- When you are helping someone, help completely. Ask someone for what they want or need. Donate your time, talent, and money.
- Adopt honesty as a personal practice. Get comfortable with speaking your truth.
- Have a grateful and hopeful heart. Taking a moment to reflect on the things for which you are grateful can be very helpful.
- Say thank you or write a thank you card. Give recognition to your friends and family.
- And lastly, I bet this is hard for most of you reading this article… Take an electronics free day. Okay take it with you, but make sure to focus mainly on the priorities of the day.
Where there’s a will, there’s a way! Remember that we are only here for a blink of an eye. Time flies so fast and you’re officially minutes older than you were when you first started reading this list.
A good life is based on the compassionate deeds you perform in your lifetime. Achieving your personal goals that you have worked hard for will be your legacy.
Work to fulfill the desires you want to achieve in your life now and keep building your relationships to be a good family member and friend.
Serve your community and mankind and let your wisdom guide you.
What are your thoughts? Please share with us below.